JBAndrews are currently partnering with a rapidly growing manufacturing and distributor of pharmaceutical ingredients, fine chemicals and laboratory products, based in North America. With a focus on active and in-active pharmaceutical ingredients, controlled substances, dietary supplements, cosmetic ingredients and biochemicals, the client also offer North American based custom synthesis/CDMO services and operate under full cGMP and DEA regulatory requirements.
The client are actively searching for an Operations Manager for their New Jersey (bio)pharmaceutical facility, to manage shipping & receiving, packing, inventory and day-to-day responsibilities as the company and site grow.
- Work closely with the Plant Manager, supervisors and other cross-functional teams on ensuring efficiency and productivity through all concerned functions.
- Analyse and implementation of operational KPIs and metrics to drive improved performance across all concerned functions.
- Work directly with the Quality Control laboratory and other teams to ensure quality, compliance and service to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive a safety culture throughout the facility by helping to proactively identify risks, contribute to incident prevention, encourage and provide continuous feedback and consistent partnership with key teams such as Quality, Compliance, and Human Resources.
- Drive a customer-focused mindset through proactive communication and responsiveness across different departments and with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Consistent partnership with the Plant Manager and HR team on staffing needs, long-term team development and performance management.
- Ensure all plant operations comply with safety, quality, GMP and GDP initiatives.
- Influence and lead cross functional Project teams.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in plant operations management with proven results in a chemical manufacturing setting.
- A strong understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts/methods, as well as process optimization techniques (i.e. waste elimination, parts flow, pull, etc.) as well as Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in implementing automation in a production environment.
- Experience in process driven operations – chemical down packing experience highly desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability in chemical processing disciplines.
- Solid knowledge of cGMP, FDA and other applicable regulations.
- Demonstrated history of leadership and implementation of operational improvements that resulted in significant gains in plant operational efficiencies.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills with leadership ability and an active team player.
- Knowledge of federal and state health and safety regulations.
- Strong professional/business acumen, and proven project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence and lead.
- Solid organizational skills including ability to multitask and pay attention to detail.
JBAndrews is a leading executive search and selection business, based in the UK & the UAE. We provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions globally, specialising in the global Logistics, Diagnostics, & Industrial sectors. With our ‘People First’ core value, we truly put people at the heart of our work.
Due to the large number of applications if you have not heard anything within 14 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.