JBAndrews are currently partnering with a rapidly growing CDMO in the small molecule API sector, who offer manufacturing services across the entire drug substance development life-cycle, according to cGMP and EHS standards and regulations. This company are actively searching for a Chief Business Officer (CBO) to completely manage the sales, business development and marketing activities for the companies global business, as the organisation continues to grow.
- The CBO is responsible for the sales, business development, and marketing activities in the Europe and North America regions, as the company continues to grow and establish itself as a partner of choice for pharmaceutical companies, globally.
- The position will report directly to the CEO and is a member of the Executive Steering Committee.
- The Director of Sales & Business Development and the Head of marketing will report to the CBO. Involves indirect dotted line reports for their corresponding teams (between 5-7).
- This position will also have a dotted line reporting to the Head of the Pharma Chemicals Business unit in Asia to assure the global alignment of the sales and marketing strategy.
- This role is accountable to deploy and implement the sales, marketing, communication and promotional strategies as well as product service and pricing strategy and to achieve sales and profit targets at a high level.
- Contract negotiation with relative parties, including the legal time.
- Cross functional management with a variety of functions and teams within the organization.
- The CBO is expected to be a strong, highly motivated and dynamic commercial leader, bringing great strategic leadership to drive customer centric culture and mindset throughout the whole organization.
- This role is responsible for developing high engagement teams to deliver high performance results and to ensure the sustainable growth in the long term.
- Proven senior commercial leadership experience in small molecule international CDMO environments.
- MSc or PhD in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a relevant Life Science related discipline. An MBA would also be preferred.
- Proven experience negotiating and closing terms and conditions of large size (as well as small sized) contracts, and working together with legal counsel when required.
- A result driven leader who inspires people and teams, empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability and demonstrates international mindset and experiences.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an outstanding knowledge of the CDMO market landscape, and with rich experiences in sales, negotiation and marketing.
- Ability to identify opportunities and execute on them in an expeditious manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task environment and organizational complexities. Comfortable with complexities, ambiguity and cultural differences.
- English is primary language for this role. Spanish, French, and/or German capability is great plus.
JBAndrews is a leading executive search and selection business, based in the UK & the UAE. We provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions globally, specialising in the global Logistics, Diagnostics, & Industrial sectors. With our ‘People First’ core value, we truly put people at the heart of our work.
Due to the large number of applications if you have not heard anything within 14 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.